Pulsar Award: Amy Lilley

Photobucket

Every once in a while you come across an individual who is friendly, kind, supportive, witty, intelligent, humorous...pretty much just an all-around great person. In the blogosphere, people like that are harder to find because your interactions with him or her are usually completely online. Online it's even harder to be warm and friendly and to make a lasting impression. But that's not the case for Amy Lilley of Amy Lilley Designs. From the day we first exchanged comments and emails she's been warm, friendly, caring and the kind of person just in general that this world needs more of.

Every day we hear about so much negativity in the world, in our nation, in our neighborhoods. Negativity is amplified on the internet as news instantly travels the globe. That being said, it's so important to find the beauty and the brightness and the lights of hope that are out there.

A pulsar is a brilliant flashing star in the sky. The Pulsar Award honors those who add a bit of brightness to life. If bloggers everywhere can find pulsars, other beacons of hope and friendship and display them on their blogs, then we all can make this world a better place together.

There are beacons of light out there to guide us in the darkness. Pulsar Honorees are one more beacon of light.

Thank you, Amy, for being a pulsar!

Thanks for reading.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet! It is nice to find positive friendly bloggers. By the way, I enjoyed your previous post. I have been enjoying cider this fall season.

November 14, 2008 8:34 AM
Amy Lilley Designs said...

Oh my goodness...I keep on saying oh my goodness, over and over...you have me totally speechless...I am very very late in getting up today (having been up until all hours...) I need some coffee and then, I'll call my Mother!!! Thank you Matt...oh my goodness!

November 14, 2008 10:29 AM
Anonymous said...

Gratz Amy! =)

Matt, you're awesome.

November 14, 2008 7:15 PM
Jackie said...

Oh Amy is truly wonderful. I consider a dear friend too. You couldn't have made a better choice.

Amy is simply a super person!!

November 14, 2008 8:33 PM
coolingstar9 said...

Hi, the world need more brighter star like Amy.
I hope I can visit her site to taste the warmth.
let's hope more Amy in this world, let's cheer.

November 15, 2008 12:37 AM
Anna said...

Ah, how lovely! You're so nice, too Matt!

November 15, 2008 1:34 AM
Jena Isle said...

Congratulations Amy, that is such an honor. If I am allowed to recommend, then I would recommend someone who is just around the corner, someone who gave laughter and sunshine into our lives, someone who looks for the positive in any situation and focus on this in his stories. I think you know, who I am talking about.

Kudos to you too Matt for being generous.

November 15, 2008 4:43 AM
Matthew S. Urdan said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Amy's reaction and the reaction of other bloggers like her is why I created the Pulsar Award. Lots of positive energy to spread around the blogosphere makes the world better, one blogger or person at a time.

Cheers!

November 15, 2008 8:46 AM
Anonymous said...

We love her...good pick

November 15, 2008 11:32 AM
Roots of Evangelism said...

That's MY WIFE!!! Very nice Matt!

November 15, 2008 1:56 PM
Ken Armstrong said...

Well done Matt!
Well deserved Amy :)

Oyvind and Amy - perhaps they should release a hit single together?

November 16, 2008 2:05 PM
Henson Ray said...

Nice tribute. Glad you find inspiration and comfort in Amy. I agree. She has a great blog, and is a very nice and friendly person. Not to mention talented.

November 17, 2008 5:50 PM
Amy Lilley Designs said...

An added thank you to everyone who took the time to comment...especially, my husband...
Karen, Oyvind, Jackie, Coolingstar, Ana, Jena, my dear friend Joyce, Ken and Henson...thank you!

November 19, 2008 10:43 AM
Kim said...

oh congratulations to Amy...
you have certainly chosen a very special lady Matt....
Amy is a joy and I believe I'm a richer person for having met her :))))

November 20, 2008 9:47 PM
Anonymous said...

From the Entrecard toolbar? Oh dear....

November 23, 2008 11:34 AM
Anonymous said...

Apologies - commented on the wrong post. How impressive :)

November 23, 2008 11:35 AM
Azure Accessories said...

A little late in my response but I do want to congratulate Amy...she is a wonderful person is truly deserving of your words!!!

The idea behind your award is generous and thoughtful!
Cheers

December 01, 2008 10:42 AM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe