Pulsar Award

Photobucket

Every once in a while you come across an individual who is friendly, kind, supportive, witty, intelligent, humorous...pretty much just an all-around great guy. Well this past week, I came across a blogger that fits this bill. His name is Oyvind, and he writes the Øblog, and he's from Norway and he happened to enter a quick contest I held on a Blog Promotion Site called Entrecard. It's kind of funny how you meet other people sometimes.

We live in difficult times. The world economy is tanking. Countries are at war. Human rights are being violated, and George Bush is still president of the United States. Okay, that was a cheap shot, but it's true. In times like these we need to find the beauty and the brightness and the lights of hope that are out there.

It didn't take much finding Oyvind. Just a few lines of repartee. But he brightened my day enough where I decided to create a new blogroll. I'm calling it Pulsar Honorees. It's intended to honor those who add a bit of brightness to your life. If bloggers everywhere can find pulsars, other beacons of hope and friendship and display them on their blogs, then we all can make this world a better place together.

There are beacons of light out there to guide us in the darkness. Pulsar Honorees are one more beacon of light.

Oyvind, you are the very first Pulsar. Congratulations!

Thanks for reading.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your first recipient. What a wonderful idea. :)

October 04, 2008 10:15 PM
tahtimbo said...

This is a great idea! I have come across a few people that have brightened my day and I always seem to meet them at the right time. This is a good way to express your appreciation for their kindness and friendship.

October 04, 2008 10:18 PM
Jackie said...

What a wonderful thing to come up with. And what a wonderful post.

You are right about the hard times and everything being in such turmoil.

Yet many of us who blog on the lighter side often are criticized instead of recognized.

We too worry but choose to try to take people away from their worries if only for a wee minute.

You yourself do that for me when I visit here.

I may not always comment but I do so enjoy viewing your ventures and reading your post.

I think this is simply marvelous.

Congrats to you for thinking of it.

http://shinade.blogspot.com

Warning I am a heavy download. I am awaiting my new design right now. I hope to have a complete redo by the end of the month.

I hope you have a sensational week!!

October 05, 2008 12:49 AM
Carol said...

Good choice, Matt. It's always nice to see his card show up in the forums. And that pulsar thingy is really cool. Great idea!

October 05, 2008 12:53 AM
Anonymous said...

Wow Matt, thank you! This was an extremely nice surprise! What a wonderful idea, you will have no problem finding Pulsars out there in our sphere, so many great people there.

Thank you for the kind words, and to you too Carol! *hugs*

Best wishes
Øyvind

October 05, 2008 5:35 AM
Ken Armstrong said...

As Carol said that pulsar thingie is *really* cool. And that's good 'cos Øyvind is really cool too. He and I had a blast battling it out over at Ohio Realtor's big quiz a while back and his natural good humour and gentle manliness shone through in every exchange.

The only down side with him is that I can't find that damned 'Ø' on my keyboard so I have to cut-and-paste it from somewhere every time I mention his name...

... it's a small gripe really. :)

Nicely done dude.

October 05, 2008 5:39 AM
Anonymous said...

Excellent choice! He's truly a wonderful fellow and is deserving of this honor!

ê¿ê

October 05, 2008 6:24 PM
Anonymous said...

Nice thought and good idea!

plumuniq@hotmail.com

October 06, 2008 1:05 AM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe