Stuck in My Head

Lately there have been a few songs I can't get out of my head. You know what this is like. You just keep humming/singing them over and over and over again. Well, here are the three that have been on my mind--I strongly suggest you watch the videos, they're actually pretty awesome songs! And if you wouldn't mind, could you suggest three different ones I might try listening to to get these three out of my head? I would be much obliged!

What About Now by Daughtry
Sorry all, Youtube has embedding disabled for Daughtry, but it's worth a click.

Conociéndome, Conociéndote by ABBA
Many of you already know that Knowing Me, Knowing You is my favorite ABBA song....In Spanish it sounds even better, if you can believe it. Mostly because it's got a stronger background track recorded especially for the Spanish version released in 1979. Go ahead and crank it!



Sisters of the Moon by Fleetwood Mac
Sisters of the Moon has rather innocuously become my all-time favorite Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks song. I "discovered" it rather late. I've been a huge Fleetwood Mac fan for years. Rumours was the first album I ever bought, but somehow as I collected Fleetwood Mac recordings over the years and attended their concerts, I somehow overlooked this song. Well not any more. I record it on every CD mix I create for road trips and play it all the time at work. What a song!



Thanks for reading.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

7 comments:

Ken Armstrong said...

I'll play! :)

Each of my three bear at least a tenuous relationship with your three.

1) I walk the Line by Chris 'Daughtry' - when did he become just 'Daughtry'? I want to be just 'Armstrong'. :)

I thought this was good when I first heard it - I still do.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=lJXwm150umQ

2) Hotel California by the Gypsy Kings. Brilliantly used in 'The Big Lebowski'. I love different language versions of popular song and you ABBA was something of a revelation:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=QoQdLJt--kE

3) No Fleetwood Mac, sorry, but instead a little more 'Knowing Me, Knowing You'... have you met Alan Partridge?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=oPlF0oIHgAE

:)

September 16, 2008 8:50 AM
Leet said...

Thanks to advertise in my blog

Cheers - Leet

September 16, 2008 11:14 AM
Anonymous said...

Sorry, I won't watch those. Don't want them in my head too!

Try Chaccharon, Chocolate Rain, and What What.

They will get those other songs out of your head for sure!

September 16, 2008 11:41 AM
hope said...

I'm thinking, I'm thinking. Because the last time I visited you, I got "Take a Chance on Me" stuck in my head for a week! :)

Did you know they're called "ear worms", those tunes you can't get out of your head? The worst one for me is "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". Drives me nuts! Feel free to borrow it for a week yourself. I'm going to go try your Spanish suggestion just to give ABBA a rest.

Side note to Ken: Chris Daughtry tried to convince everyone that was the name of his BAND when he started on his post "American Idol" career. I doubt anyone can name a member of that band but the lead singer. :)

September 16, 2008 6:37 PM
Matthew S. Urdan said...

Ken and Angelika--Great videos, thanks for sharing!

Leet--It's my pleasure.

Hope--Yep, I know they're called ear worms, check out the technorati tags in the post....and thanks for the Lion Sleeps Tonight....now that one is stuck in my head.

Ken--see Hope's explanation on the Band Name Daughtry!

Cheers!

September 17, 2008 9:25 AM
hope said...

I do apologize, re "earworms". I'm more apt to see "words" if the the phrase "technorati tag" is no where around...makes me feel like the computer is in charge of me.

I've already been punished. Guess what I found myself humming this morning? Oh go on, take a chance. I wish Daughtry were more hum-able. :)

September 17, 2008 7:28 PM
Anonymous said...

I hate that YouTube has disabled embedding on a lot of videos. :(

I ♥ Daughtry.

Sorry I've not been around much. I'm catching up in my feed reader after having the baby. I am down to 700+ posts. *sigh*!

September 25, 2008 6:23 PM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe