Six Quirks Tag

Photobucket

I was “tagged” by Cindi with this Meme where I am supposed to list six of my quirks and then tag six other people.

Here are the rules:

1. link the person(s) who tagged you--check
2. Mention the rules on your blog--check
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours--check
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged. As my regular readers know, I don't usually perpetuate tags, and this one is no exception, but if you feel like playing along, please go ahead and let me know by leaving a comment and I'll backlink your post here.

With no further ado, I bring you my Six Quirks:

1) When guiding rafts full of nervous guests down the Mighty Nantahala River, I like to look at the camera and give a cheesy grin while everyone else in the raft is having the time of their life or are scared shitless. Or something like that.

2) I prefer pizza cold the next day and I'll often buy a pizza and without taking a bite, put it in the refrigerator for tomorrow's lunch or dinner.

3) I like participating in blogging memes, as long as they're not too feminine-oriented, but I don't like passing them along. I'm kind of picky and I often find that memes just don't fit with the character of my blog. I've been meandering quite a bit recently away from my usual subject matter, and I'd like to get back to that. Some memes are so ridiculous or whimsical or childish that partipating in them is a joke, let alone passing them along to others. That being said, it's important to be ridiculous or whimsical or childish every once in a while, but it's like my mother always said: Everything in Moderation.

4) When I get a song in my head, I'll listen to it over and over and over again. And I don't mean twice or three times or four times...I mean all day for 7 hours straight at work. About 9 years ago in a former life, I actually played Billy Ray Cyrus' You Won't Be Lonely Now all day to the point where the lady in the next cubicle bore false witness against me. She said I was sexually harrassing her. C'mon! It's a country song. I wasn't making a personal statement directed at her about her incessant telephone conversations with her new boyfriend that I had to listen to all day long, and when she wasn't talking to him, she was telling the other female worker next to her loudly enough for me to overhear about her amazing new sex life. Personally, I thought it was amazing that she was having any sex at all, but that's another story. Okay, so I was making a statement. And I admit it might be considered some form of torture to have to listen to the same song all day long, but it really wasn't sexual harrassment. It's not like I was playing Samantha Fox's I Want to Touch Your Body. Trust me. That was never going to happen!

5) I often make up stories just to provoke a certain reaction.

6) The last one is a quirk that my fellow raft guides also claim, and I'll just describe it in the form of a joke:

Q: Do you all know how you can tell when a raft guide is lying?
A: His lips are moving.

Fortunately for the sake of my online credibility, no lips have moved during the writing, typing, or editing of this post.

Thanks for reading.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

4 comments:

AmyOops said...

wow, nice to see a face with the blog..

July 29, 2008 8:59 AM
Mariuca said...

Hi Matt! I can never take cold pizza, mine gotta be piping hot from the oven. Must remind myself not to tag you with the girly memes! ;)

July 29, 2008 12:41 PM
tashabud said...

I agree with Mariuca. I like my pizza piping hot from the oven. Any time after that, it's blah.

Funny you posted this today. I posted one today also. I was tagged by Roxiticus almost 2 mos. ago, but just now complying. I hope you'll go check it out.

July 29, 2008 1:52 PM
Frugal New England Kitchen said...

Whatta guy. You fess up good. Makes me proud. I promise, no more Memes! Pizza ~ cold ~ for breakfast!

July 30, 2008 3:16 AM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe