MTMD Wins "Arte y Pico" Award!

Photobucket


This just in: Henson Ray from Henson's Hell and It Happened In Plainfield has awarded me with the esteemed “Arte y Pico" Award. This award was created as part of a tag initiative from the “Arte y Pico" Blog, where you pass along the compliment to other bloggers.

Photobucket


This is the first award that MTMD has received, and I'm blown away by the honor, bestowed upon me and my blog from my friend Henson. I just guess you like me. You really like me!

The way this award works is that you have to pick 5 blogs that you find deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.

--Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

--Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.

--The Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of the "Arte y Pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award. Here it is: http://arteypico.blogspot.com/.

After much thoughtful consideration, the five I have chosen for this award are listed below, in no particular order, with the reasons why I chose them:

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


1) Chic & Sassy Designs: Zoe is the template artist extraordinare who creates beautiful, unique, functional and personal templates for bloggers all over the blogosphere. She's very professional, courteous, friendly, customer-service oriented, and most affordable. And she's the one who updated the look of my blog, which most likely led to this award for me in the first place. Thanks Zoe, again, you rock!

2) New York Traveler.Net, or Mrs. Mecomber to her friends, is the first blogger that welcomed me to EntreCard and wrote a recommendation for my blog. She seems to be responsible for an entire State's worth of blogs that are jammed packed with wonderful articles, humor, history, and photos. And sometime when she's not blogging, she has time to homeschool her kids and help me track down great New York Travel Links, that will be appearing in my left sidebar soon. I think Mrs. Mecomber is most worthy of this award, and is one of the friendliest personalities in the blogosphere.

3) Ken Armstrong Writing Stuff: Ken is hysterical, in an Irish sort of way. While he keeps a low profile, his work is of the highest quality, and he's probably the closest individual there is to a kindred spirit for me in the blogosphere. In fact, one day, at the exact same time, we were reading each other's blogs, thinking the exact same thing, and posting virtually the exact same comment on each other's blog. Scary. Almost "Alien"-scary. ;) If you enjoy excellent writing, and a great sense of humor, read Ken's stuff. He's awesome. And he knows obscure ABBA lyrics.

4) Amy Lilley Designs. I recently discovered Amy's blog after I advertised on her EntreCard widget and watched my day's traffic explode. I had dropped on her widget previously, but only after I stopped to really look at her blog after she generated so much traffic for me that I had to really stand up and take notice. Her work is fantastic, and I am a fan for life of her photography and her point of view. You have to check out her work.

5) Roxiticus Best Blogs. I have to say I'm a little disappointed. The first blogger that came to my mind to share this award with was Bree at Roxiticus Desperate Housewives, but Henson already beat me to the punch by awarding her this honor at the same time he awarded it to me. Oh well, all is not lost. Roxy has multiple blogs, all are amazing, unique, quirky, maybe a little bit desperate as well. Rox is also spreading the gospel of Social Spark and Pay Per Post and dishing out all the gossip from the Roxiticus Valley. She's created many communities that intersect with countless others in the Blogosphere. Rox is a great friend, always helpful, always letting me know she's there, and always quick with a sharp word if I step a little out of line. Roxy is also up for a Bloggy Award for Hottest Mommy Blogger. I'm not sure if she's going to win that one, but she's taking home the hardware tonight. Congratulations, Rox, you...er...rock!

Thanks for reading.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Matt...it's beautiful...now I must find the time to write my acceptance speech!

Roxy

P.S. -- only 68 minutes!

June 19, 2008 10:52 PM
Anonymous said...

Is the awards ceremony at Henson's House? Or is that Henson's Hell?

June 19, 2008 10:54 PM
Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award! You deserve it. :)

June 19, 2008 11:23 PM
Anonymous said...

Boo. I got the last vote in your Battle of the Blogs, but it didn't help.

Where is the BIG THING...didn't you say 11:59pm? tick tick tick tick

Just finished my acceptance speech at Roxiticus Desperate Housewives, will try to get to Best Blogs early next week.

Have a great weekend as you get to it!

Roxy

June 20, 2008 12:30 AM
Dette said...

How cool - congratulations!!!

June 20, 2008 2:29 AM
Henson Ray said...

Roxy/Matt--Unfortunately, the Award ceremony has been postponed due to the opening of "Mamma Mia!" Apparently "some of our award winners" weren't able to attend the official ceremony because they would be driving 350 miles for the premiere. Be sure to check out my blog today for a special tribute to your favorite singing group.

June 20, 2008 7:47 AM
Anonymous said...

Matt, you certainly deserve the award-- congratulations!

And WOW I won I won I won!!!! Thank you so much for your heartfelt kindly words. *sob* It really touched my heart. I will cherish this award.

June 20, 2008 9:23 AM
Chic and Sassy said...

Ah that's so sweet Matt, thanks for picking me!!! I'm glad you love your template!

June 20, 2008 10:33 AM
Unknown said...

Well, great minds think alike. Actually, I beat you to it with naming Ken Armstrong for this award as I did that on Wednesday. I guess a number of us will be double awarding/receiving. I did find it hard to pick mine and sorry yours didn't come from me, but glad you got it anyway. Well deserved.

June 20, 2008 11:04 AM
Amy Lilley Designs said...

What...an awards ceremony...but, oh no...I don't have my Milono's yet!!!...acceptance speech written and posted...thank you Matt, again, SERIOUSLY AND CONGRATS TO YOU MR. MAN!!!...NOW, I've got my work cut out for me to choose my '5'!!!

June 20, 2008 12:21 PM
Ken Armstrong said...

Thanks Matt. You words are very kind. :)

Happy Summer - I thought it was half-over now that it's the Summer Solstice - silly me I guess.

k

June 20, 2008 2:19 PM
Anonymous said...

I can't believe this was your first award! Congrats!

June 20, 2008 3:49 PM
Anonymous said...

Contrats on your award! Roxy passed it on to me too! I think I've decided what I'm going to wear..
BTW, beautiful photos you have posted here! Happy Summer Solstice!

June 21, 2008 4:44 PM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe