Comment Rush at EntreCard

EntreCard is doing an amazing thing, and it is happening right now! In order to bring attention to some of the smaller blogs out there, EntreCard is featuring a blog post on a semi-regular basis that appeals rather widely to just about anyone no matter what their blogging interests are. The object is to find a post that appeals broadly, highlight it on EntreCard, and encourage everyone to go to that post, read it, and leave a quality comment. This way the smaller but nevertheless content-rich blogs out there can get some awesome publicity and perhaps find some new readers in the process.

Photobucket

The first post selected for the Comment Rush is Music and Driving by my friend Ken Armstrong. I recently awarded Ken with an Arte y Pico award for his awesome blog with outstanding humor in his writing and I encouraged everyone to visit his blog. Ken is a great guy, very friendly, and with one of the really greatest ability to turn a humorous phrase I have discovered since I started blogging.

I'm proud of Ken, and am glad that Graham at EntreCard, along with Phirate and the Moderators have seen fit to recognize him in this way.

Music and Driving is a post that won't take you long to read, but I guarantee that it will take you back, perhaps a long way back. Please visit Ken now and leave a comment about his post. It's a great read and definitely worth your time.

Thanks for reading.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

6 comments:

tashabud said...

Hello, I already went and commented in Ken's blog. Holy! There really was a rush of commentators there. Hmm... How one would acknowledge to that many comments? Would one reply to individual blogger, or would one write one response, addressed to the whole group of bloggers? What's your thought, Matt?

June 30, 2008 12:36 PM
Matthew S. Urdan said...

Tasha,

That's a great question. It's funny because Ken and I were actually discussing something similar this past weekend.

For a situation like this, I really think the only option is one giant thank you posted on Ken's blog--either in the comments section, or, considering the large number of comments, even a follow-up post acknowledging the great contributions and perhaps highlighting some of the most meaningful quotes (to Ken, that is.) Really, there's enough material in teh comments section for a whole series of posts, or even a blog just on Music and Driving.

Cheers!

June 30, 2008 12:51 PM
tashabud said...

Thanks for replying to my question. I like your number 2 choice of thanking everbody in a blog post form. I think this is a good idea.

Good night.

July 01, 2008 2:42 AM
Ken Armstrong said...

Hi Matt (And Tashabud)

Thanks for this post, mate, I just found it. It's been hectic.

I've kind of resolved to work my way round all the commenters and comment where I can on their blogs. It's my notion of the personal touch.

I was very complimented by the whole experience and you, as ever, are a gent!

later dude.


k

July 01, 2008 5:39 PM
Anonymous said...

Opulently I assent to but I think the brief should have more info then it has.

December 27, 2009 5:48 PM
Anonymous said...

I inclination not acquiesce in on it. I regard as precise post. Especially the designation attracted me to be familiar with the unscathed story.

January 08, 2010 5:42 PM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe