Shoulder Update

Hey everyone, thanks for the comments and the well wishes. I really appreciate them.

I've started therapy/rehab on my shoulder. Range of motion is like 98%, which is really cool, and strength has not been diminished at all. The rehab focused on strengthening the entire shoulder joint because now that the AC joint is separated, the rest of the shoulder joint has to pick up the slack. Therefore it's imperative that I do these daily flexibility and isometric exercises to really help stabilize and strengthen the entire joint. Makes sense.

My first appointment with the physical therapist was Thursday morning and it was an assessment kind of appointment. Monday morning we'll really get into the meat of the rehabilitation.

I am spending time in the gym now as I have to do a whole range of exercises like twice a day, so it is eating into my blogging, but I'll get back to a more normal posting pattern soon.

Thanks for reading.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything is lookin up!

July 01, 2006 9:35 PM
Michele said...

Hey that's great news,now that
i'm not blogging anymore i feel
so relaxed.I love visiting
my favorite blogs,and you have
always been at the top of the list.
Have a happy and safe july 4th!

July 02, 2006 1:58 PM
"Jet" said...

Hey Matt--

It's been awhile!! I hope you are doing well. I have missed ya!! You should have let me know you were having such a hard time I could have come down there to bring you soup or something!!

Take care buddy!

~Melissa

July 15, 2006 8:43 AM
Shelly said...

Good luck with the therapy, Matt! Pain is good, sorta. :o)

July 19, 2006 12:02 AM
New York City's Watchdog said...

I hope your still in therapy... it's almost a full month now ya know...

July 27, 2006 10:53 PM
Anonymous said...

Where the heck are you? I hope everything is ok.

August 18, 2006 3:34 PM
Anonymous said...

Everyone's slacking off with the blogging... hope things are fine with you, Matt!

August 21, 2006 8:40 AM
Raft America said...

Matt-

Great blog. I like the personal touch along with updates.

I see you are into rafting. I started a rafting blog on the rafting industry news, wanted to know if you want to link blogs.
I put a link to yours on my Rafting America blog. Keep in touch!

September 01, 2006 6:21 PM
Anonymous said...

You're into your third month of "no posts". I hope that everything is ok? We miss you.

September 11, 2006 5:18 PM
Michele said...

Matt}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Where are you?

September 14, 2006 12:22 PM
AubreyJ......... said...

OK... You've been gone for long enough now!!!
AubreyJ.........

October 06, 2006 5:23 PM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe